4.4.14

✧UPDATE✧

Ahoy sailors,
I've been away for the past week and I thought I'd give you an update on what I've been doing.
Where I live is very close to Cambodia so we went on school camp there. We went mainly to do some volunteer work in a little village about one hour out of Siem Reap. We were staying in a very small camp site with no wifi, air conditioner or flushing toilets. Everyday we went to the local school to do some work. We did things like building teacher accommodation, making water tanks and teaching the kids some english. It was very hard work but I really enjoyed it. Seeing these kids and the way they lived was a real eye opener for me. A lot of my friends were complaining about no wifi and how hot it was, but these children were so happy even though they have so little.
After a few days at the school we went to Siem Reap and visited temples and markets. 
The whole experience was so amazing to me. We had been reading First They Killed My Father by Loung Ung in class and it was heartbreaking to see the impact the events of the Kmer Rouge had on cambodia. I would definitely recommend First They Killed My Father if you are interested in it or are going to visit Cambodia.
xo Meg
P.S. The pictures are of an outfit I wore shopping the day before camp. My white T-shirt is from sportsgirl, my shoes are Doc Martens and I made the skirt myself.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment