21.1.16

NEW YEAR, NEW NAME

Here I am, presenting to you the ultimate cliche of "new year, new me".
I chose to manifest this goal on my blog, by changing the blog title; something I have been wanting to do for quite some time. 
My old blog name AHOY MEGS no longer felt right to me. I chose that name almost two years ago, almost immediately after I found my love for Instagram and blogs. I was kinda following what seemed to me to be a trend on Instagram as far as usernames went. It really wasn't me but it was really the best name I could come up with at the time.
Now two years on, I've finally decided to leave that name behind me and focus on something more....well.... me I guess.
One of my favourite bloggers, Emma Mercury of The Messy Heads, said in a post pertaining to names:
“Having a name is kind of like wearing a hat, from the day you are born until the day you die, that your parents picked out for you. There is a bit of personality, a bit of identity that you area always carrying with you, that even precedes you”

I never used to like my name. It was often misspelled as Megan, even by some of my family, and almost always mispronounced. Now barely get called Meghan, I'm mostly called Meg, Megs or Meggie, but over the years I have learned to love my full name.
This new found love of my name motivated me to use it in my blog title, so I whacked my middle name (Grace) on the end and decided I liked it.
without further ado... I present to you....

and you can now find my blog under the URL of
adieu ahoymegs and hello Meghan Grace
 xxxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment